Prayers for Priests
We pray that the Blessed Mother
wrap her mantle around your priests
and through her intercession
strengthen them for their ministry.
We pray that Mary will guide your priests
to follow her own words,
“Do whatever He tells you” (Jn 2:5).
May your priests have the heart of St. Joseph,
Mary’s most chaste spouse.
May the Blessed Mother’s own pierced heart
inspire them to embrace
all who suffer at the foot of the cross.
May your priests be holy,
filled with the fire of your love
seeking nothing but your greater glory
and the salvation of souls.
Saint John Vianney, pray for us.
Pray for Clergy, Religious, and/or Groups of individuals in our diocese for each day of the month in honor of Year for Priests.
Click the links below for Pray for Priest calendars:
Simple Ways to Celebrate at Home (For Parishioners)
- Write a kind letter to your pastor
- Celebrate in your parish the date of your pastor’s ordination
- Ask priests to share their stories about vocations
- Say a prayer every week at mass for priests
- Have a Eucharist adoration specifically for priests
- Send a note to parish staff to encourage recognition of priests
- Invite your parish priest into your home for dinner throughout the year
- Tell the story of the Cure of Ars
- Ask laity to tell how a priest have touched their lives
- Learn more about priests- fact sheets in programs/ newsletters/ websites (see Resources above)
- Hold days of recollections for priest to go over what the Pope writes and releases
- Make a special effort to express gratitude for the gift of priests
- Ask children to write a note to their pastor.